IFSC - Indian Financial Syatem Code
What is IFSC Code?
IFSC (Indian Financial System Code) is combination of charecters and digits creating a string(word) of 11 length , is used to indenify a barnch of bank can be used in many financial transactions. This is a unique identification for a bank branch. The IFSC code helps to transfer money using RTGS, NEFT or IMPS method.
Decoding IFSC Code
An IFSC Code is just not an Unique Identification but also contains many more information about a bank branch. There are three main parts of any 11 Charecters IFSC Code :
- The first 4 characters is known as bank code
- The 5th character of IFSC code is always a ‘0’
- The last remaining 6 characters of IFSC Code is related to branch and known as branch code
Importance of IFSC Code
The mportance of IFSC code are as follows:
- The code uniquely identifies a specific bank branch,It is useful in avoiding any possible mistakes during the online transfer of funds via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
- IFSC Code enables the Internet Banking Services. Customer can access many of bank services without visiting the bank.
- IFSC is used to monitor the transaction of banks by RBI.
How to Find an IFSC Code using www.EasyIfsc.com ?
EasyIfsc.com as the name is providing very easy and clear interface to operate and find the IFSC code of Desired bank branch.
- Step 1 - Select the bank from the list
- Step 2 - Select the State
- Step 3 - Select the City
- Step 4 - Select the Branch Name
You will get the Bank Details as per RBI Database.
We are using the same database in our tool to display IFSC code and Bank Details.
Search Bank Details using IFSC Code
If you have IFSC code and you want to know the details of the bank assocciated with it, then you can find it here. Go to the Serach by IFSC Code link and Put your IFSC code. CLick on the seearch button and you will get the bank details.